Support for 9th and 8th Generation Intel Core i9 processors/ Intel Core i7 processors/ Intel Core i5 processors/ Intel Core i3 processors/ Intel Pentium processors/ Intel Celeron processors in the LGA1151 package
L3 cache varies with CPU
(Please refer to "CPU Support List" for more information.)
Intel Z390 Express Chipset
4 x DDR4 DIMM sockets supporting up to 128GB (32GB single DIMM capacity) of system memory**
** Please note that the support for system total memory size depends on the CPU installed.
Dual channel memory architecture
Support for DDR4 4266(O.C.) / 4133(O.C.) / 4000(O.C.) / 3866(O.C.) / 3800(O.C.) / 3733(O.C.) / 3666(O.C.) / 3600(O.C.) / 3466(O.C.) / 3400(O.C.) / 3333(O.C.) / 3300(O.C.) / 3200(O.C.) / 3000(O.C.) / 2800(O.C.) / 2666 / 2400 / 2133 MHz memory modules
Support for ECC Un-buffered DIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8 memory modules (operate in non-ECC mode)
Support for non-ECC Un-buffered DIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8/1Rx16 memory modules
Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules
(Please refer to "Memory Support List" for more information.)
Integrated Graphics Processor-Intel HD Graphics support:
1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2160@30 Hz
* Support for HDMI 1.4 version and HDCP 2.2.
Maximum shared memory of 1 GB
Actual support may vary by CPU
Realtek ALC1220-VB codec
* The back panel line out jack supports DSD audio.
High Definition Audio
Support for S/PDIF Out
Intel GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
Wireless Communication module
Intel CNVi interface 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, supporting 2.4/5 GHz Dual-Band
Support for 11ac 160 MHz wireless standard and up to 1.73 Gbps data rate
* Actual data rate may vary depending on environment and equipment.
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
* For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x8 (PCIEX8)
* The PCIEX8 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX16 slot. When the PCIEX8 slot is populated, the PCIEX16 slot operates at up to x8 mode.
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4)
3 x PCI Express x1 slots
(All of the PCI Express slots conform to PCI Express 3.0 standard.)
1 x M.2 Socket 1 connector for an Intel CNVi wireless module (CNVI)
Support for NVIDIA Quad-GPU SLI and 2-Way NVIDIA SLI technologies
Support for AMD Quad-GPU CrossFire and 3-Way/2-Way AMD CrossFire technologies
1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 SATA and PCIe x4/x2 SSD support) (M2A)
1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2260/2280 SATA and PCIe x4/x2 SSD support) (M2M)
6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10
* Refer to "1-8 Internal Connectors," for the installation notices for the M.2 and SATA connectors.
Intel Optane Memory Ready
1 x USB Type-C port with USB 3.1 Gen 2 support on the back panel
1 x USB Type-C port with USB 3.1 Gen 1 support, available through the internal USB header
2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A ports (red) on the back panel
5 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports (3 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB header)
Chipset+2 USB 2.0 Hubs:
8 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers)
Internal I/O Connectors
1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
1 x CPU fan header
1 x water cooling CPU fan header
4 x system fan headers
2 x system fan/water cooling pump headers
2 x digital LED strip headers
2 x digital LED strip power select jumpers
2 x RGB LED strip headers
6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
2 x M.2 Socket 3 connectors
1 x front panel header
1 x front panel audio header
1 x S/PDIF Out header
1 x USB Type-C port, with USB 3.1 Gen 1 support
1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 header
2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
1 x Thunderbolt add-in card connector
1 x Trusted Platform Module (TPM) header (2x6 pin, for the GC-TPM2.0_S module only)
1 x Clear CMOS jumper
2 x temperature sensor headers
Back Panel Connectors
4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
2 x SMA antenna connectors (2T2R)
1 x HDMI port
1 x USB Type-C port, with USB 3.1 Gen 2 support
2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A ports (red)
3 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports
1 x RJ-45 port
1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector
5 x audio jacks
iTE I/O Controller Chip
Fan speed detection
Water cooling flow rate detection
Fan fail warning
Fan speed control
* Whether the fan (pump) speed control function is supported will depend on the fan (pump) you install.
2 x 128 Mbit flash
Use of licensed AMI UEFI BIOS
Support for DualBIOS
PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.7, WfM 2.0, SM BIOS 2.7, ACPI 5.0
Support for APP Center
* Available applications in APP Center may vary by motherboard model. Supported functions of each application may also vary depending on motherboard specifications.
Platform Power Management
System Information Viewer
Support for Q-Flash
Support for Xpress Install
Norton Internet Security (OEM version)
Support for Windows 10 64-bit
ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 24.4cm
Due to different Linux support condition provided by chipset vendors, please download Linux driver from chipset vendors' website or 3rd party website.
Most hardware/software vendors may no longer offer drivers to support Win9X/ME/2000/XP. If drivers are available from the vendors, we will update them on the GIGABYTE website.
* The entire materials provided herein are for reference only. GIGABYTE reserves the right to modify or revise the content at anytime without prior notice.
* Advertised performance is based on maximum theoretical interface values from respective Chipset vendors or organization who defined the interface specification. Actual performance may vary by system configuration.
* All trademarks and logos are the properties of their respective holders.
* Due to standard PC architecture, a certain amount of memory is reserved for system usage and therefore the actual memory size is less than the stated amount.