The PIXMA PRO-1 Professional Inkjet Printer is the quintessential tool for the
professional photographer that gives you the ability to print the images you
captured with your Canon EOS Digital SLR, exactly as you envisioned it.
The 12 LUCIA pigment ink system expands the color gamut with improved saturation
of colors and darker, deeper blacks which allows the professional photographer to
achieve new levels of skin tone reproduction, accuracy and quality, so your prints
exhibit stunning detail. Five monochrome inks raise your level of professional print
quality when creating the dramatic expression of grayscale photography. Additionally,
these new inks are approximately 2.5 times larger than conventional ink tanks.
The PRO-1 ships with a full set of cartridges. When installing the ink tanks in the
PRO-1 for the first time, part of the ink from the first set of cartridges is used for
priming the printer. The number of sheets that can be printed with the first tank is
less than succeeding cartridges.
To further increase your workflow, the built-in Ethernet connection allows multiple
users to seamlessly print from several networked computers in any environment.
For media support, the PIXMA PRO-1 proudly supports two-way paper feeding and
professional photo printing on a variety of Fine Art and Glossy Photo Papers
each with specific characteristics to meet your dynamic photo printing needs.
Print your Vision up to 13" x 19":
- Print professional quality photos on various media up to 13" x 19".
Professional Quality, Built-in:
- Canon Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) features a patented print head that enables printing with microscopic droplets and high resolution up to 4800 x 2400 dpi.1
Expand your Color Possibilities:
- The 12 color LUCIA Pigment Ink system expands the color gamut with improved saturation of colors and darker, deeper blacks. This system allows the professional photographer to achieve new levels of skin tone reproduction, accuracy and quality, so your prints exhibit stunning detail. The 12 LUCIA Pigment Inks also assist in reproducing the vibrant colors of life captured by Canon's well respected EOS Digital SLR cameras.
Enhanced Black Densities:
- The 5 monochrome inks which are part of the 12 color LUCIA system consist of Photo Black, Matte Black, Dark Gray, Gray, and Light Gray. These inks deliver enhanced, deep black density to raise your level of professional print quality when creating the dramatic expression of grayscale photography. The premium LUCIA monochrome inks work together to reduce the effect of bronzing. As a result, your printed photos will have expanded dynamic range, especially in the darker or shadow areas of the image.
Larger Ink Tanks, Streamlined Workflow:
- The new PGI-29 LUCIA Pigment Inks are approximately 155% larger than previous Canon PIXMA Pro Printer ink tanks, and almost 40% larger than the ink tanks used by select competitors. Larger individual ink tanks provide greater value as less time is required replacing inks, that way more time can be spent printing.
Uniform Ink Height:
- The Chroma Optimizer brings uniform ink height over the printed image and regulates surface reflection. This maintains the natural color and integrity of your printed photos.
Optimum Analysis and Mixture of Color:
- The Optimum Image Generating (OIG) System utilizes two major technologies implemented in the PIXMA PRO-1. The first is a sophisticated mixing balance of inks determined from numerous ink combinations and advanced analysis. During this analysis, the OIG System carefully calculates the best results for each print mode and paper type used while looking at various image factors including color reproduction, tonal gradations, black density, low graininess, glossiness, anti-bronzing and anti-metamerism. These critical ink balancing principles are derived from Canon's expertise in imaging technology, as well as the familiar colors of life that people see and remember on a daily basis.
- The second is the balancing of color reproduction, tonal gradations, and uniform glossiness. The genius and power of the OIG System is truly showcased when your image is printed, exhibited, and is seen exactly as you envisioned it.
Just Plug it in:
- This powerful Easy-PhotoPrint Pro2 plug-in software provides professional photographers effective printing solutions and can directly hand-over image data. Easy-PhotoPrint Pro is compatible with Digital Photo Professional (ver 2.1 or later), Adobe® Photoshop® CS, Adobe® Photoshop Elements®, and Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom®.
Versatile Paper Handling:
- Two-way paper feeding provides a rear tray for most supported media types and a dedicated manual feed in the back of the printer for easy loading of thicker papers.
Built-in CD and DVD Printing:
- Conveniently print onto your printable CD, DVD or Blu-ray Discs and jackets.
Built-in Ethernet Connectivity:
- The built-in Ethernet port allows multiple users to seamlessly print from several networked computers in any environment.
- A PictBridge connection lets you print photos directly from your compatible digital camera, DV camcorder, or camera phone.
- Plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
Main Unit Specs
|Printer Type||Professional Inkjet Printer|
|Printing Method||LUCIA 12 Pigment Ink System|
Grayscale Photo Printing
2-Way Paper Feeding
Advanced Pattern Print
Ambient Light Correction5
Auto Sheet Feeder
Fine Art Paper Support
|Print Speed (up to)||8" x 10" (Color) Bordererd Photo:|
Approx. 2 minutes 10 seconds3
11" x 14" (Color & Grayscale) Photo:
Approx. 2 minutes 55 seconds3
|Number of Nozzles||12,288 (1,024 x 12)|
|Print Resolution (Up to)||Color: Up to 4800 x 2400 dpi1|
Black Up to 4800 x 2400 dpi1
|OS Compatibility||Windows 8, Windows Vista®, Windows XP, Windows 7|
Mac OS® X v10.4.x - 10.9.x6
|Standard Interfaces||PictBridge (Cable not included) |
USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
|Ink Droplet Size||Picoliter Size (Color) 4|
|Paper Sizes||4" x 6", 5" x 7", 8" x 10", Letter, Legal, 11" x 17", 13"x 19"|
|Paper Compatibility||Photo Paper Pro Platinum (PT-101) -|
4" x 6", 8" x 10", LTR, 13" x 19"
Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss (SG-201) -
4" x 6", 8" x 10", LTR, 13" x 19"
Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201) -
4" x 6", 5" x 7", 8" x 10", LTR, 13" x 19"
Matte Photo Paper (MP-101) -
4" x 6", LTR, 13" x 19"
For additional compatible papers, click here
|Maximum Paper Size||13" x 19"|
|Output Tray Capacity||Auto Sheet Feeder: 150 Sheets of Plain Paper, 20 sheets Photo Paper|
Manual Feeder: Single Sheet
|Noise Level Approx||Approx. 35.5 dB(A) in the best quality mode|
|Physical Dimensions||27.4" (W) x 18.2" (D) x 9.5" (H)|
|Power Consumption||24W (1.6W Standby)|
|Warranty||Toll-free technical phone support plus 1-year limited warranty with InstantExchange Program.7|
|Software Included||Setup Software & User's Guide CD-ROM|
PIXMA PRO-1 Printer Driver
Color Management Tool Pro