Great upgrade, great deal
For a limited time, upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for a special price. See full offer details below.
Windows 8 is all about you
Put what matters most right on your Start screen. Get instant access to your people, apps, and stuff,
so you can spend less time searching and more time doing. Windows 8 is smooth, intuitive,
and designed to let you do what you want, the way you want.
Windows 8 Pro gives you everything in Windows 8 plus enhanced features that help you easily connect to company
networks, access files on the go, encrypt your data, and more.
Upgrading is easy
If your PC is running Windows 7, your files, apps, and settings will easily transfer to Windows 8 Pro.
If your PC is running Windows XP or Windows Vista, you will need to reinstall your apps. Some features
such as touch may require a new PC. Check out our great lineup of new PCs, many of them are touch.
Windows 8 system requirements
Internet access (ISP fees might apply)
if you want to run Windows 8 on your PC, here's what it takes:
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2 (more info)
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
Additional requirements to use certain features:
- To use touch, you need a tablet or a monitor that supports multitouch (more info)
- To access the Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet
connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768
- To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768
- Secure boot requires firmware that supports UEFI v2.3.1 Errata B and has
the Microsoft Windows Certification Authority in the UEFI signature database
- Some games and programs might require a graphics card compatible
with DirectX 10 or higher for optimal performance
- Microsoft account required for some features
- Watching DVDs requires separate playback software (more info)
- Windows Media Center license sold separately (more info)
- BitLocker To Go requires a USB flash drive (Windows 8 Pro only)
- BitLocker requires either Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2 or
a USB flash drive (Windows 8 Pro only)
- Client Hyper-V requires a 64-bit system with second level address translation (SLAT)
capabilities and additional 2 GB of RAM (Windows 8 Pro only)
- A TV tuner is required to play and record live TV in Windows Media Center
(Windows 8 Pro Pack and Windows 8 Media Center Pack only)
- Free Internet TV content varies by geography, some content
might require additional fees (Windows 8 Pro Pack and Windows 8 Media Center Pack only)